What is Sftredirlh.sys? Detailed file Information
|Affected OS:||Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7|
|Recommended Action:||Scan Sftredirlh.sys related errors|
Is Sftredirlh.sys a safe file or process?
Sftredirlh.sys is an important file process that locates in the Windows\System32\ or folder, it guarantees Windows system's stability and the function of program that require this file process. It classified as safe a safe process file under normal circumstance, it should not be deleted or stoped from the computer otherwise may result in system or particular programs malfunction unless you found multiple copies of the Sftredirlh.sys inside your computer which may caused by file corruption or virus infection.
Sftredirlh.sys error description
Sftredirlh.sys error is a common system error that could happen in most of the Windows platforms. Statistic shows that in 70% of the cases Sftredirlh.sys error appears upon system startup, and in the rest 30% of cases, it appears while users are trying to launch certain application. If you unfortunately receive Sftredirlh.sys error, that may indicates either there is something wrong with the Sftredirlh.sys file/process or your system has problems that trigger the error.
Symptoms of getting Sftredirlh.sys error.
- Consistently receiving error messages while using the computer.
- Unable to launch certain program/application.
- System performance decrease dramatically.
- System halts or freeze frequently after getting the error.
- Desktop shows no application icon.
- Random blue screen of death.
Recommended solution to fix Sftredirlh.sys error
For people who encountered Sftredirlh.sys error or other regular system problems, we suggest downloading professional PC error fix tool to help you fix Sftredirlh.sys error instantly and automatically without any complicated manual operation, using the error fix tool could also repair and clean your Windows registry, thus stable and optimize system performance, prevent registry related - errors or other potential problems effectively. You may follow the below three simple to fix Sftredirlh.sys error safely.
- Step 1: Download and install PC error fix tool in your computer.
- Step 2: Double click the icon to launch the tool, allow it to automatically scan your system for existing and potential problems.
- Step 3: Click 'Fix All' button to completely fix all found issues.
Other solutions that might help you fix Sftredirlh.sys error
Although manual solution is kind of complicated and risks involved, it is still feasible if you are an experienced computer user, it won't be that hard for you to do so, here is some of the common fix steps that I would like to share with you, simply follow the instruction carefully to proceed.
Solution 1: Replace problematic Sftredirlh.sys file
Sftredirlh.sys errors may sometimes caused by file malfunction, which means that the Sftredirlh.sys file is either corrupted/damaged or missing from the system, for example, deleted accidentally by computer users without notice, or removed/damaged by virus or malware, therefore computer generates error while it call for the file, but if you can replace the problematic file with a new and functional copy, it could most likely help you fix the error. So, where to find a new copy of the file? If you have internet connection, that would be no difficulty to do so, simply visit search engines like google.com or yahoo.com, search for the keywords of Sftredirlh.sys download, and you will be able to find out a bunch of website that allow you to download the file for free, simply download the file, and then place it to the original location in your computer, (usually it is C:\Windows\System32), go to start > run, open the cmd commend window, and then use the commend of 'regsvr32 Sftredirlh.sys' to register the file into the system, and it's done. Alternatively, you can also get the file copy from another proper functioning computer by using flash drive.
Solution 2: applying system restore of Windows
This is a comprehensive solution which can handle most of the common Windows problem, you may follow the below steps:
- Click Start button at the bottom left of the screen.
- Go to All Program > Accessories > System tools > System restore.
- Click Next, and select a restore point in the list, and click Next button again.
- Follow the instruction to finish the rest of the restoration.
In case you are still confuse about the system restore operation,please refer to the below video demonstration.
Solution 3: Scan your computer threats
There are cases that Sftredirlh.sys errors are caused by virus or malware infection as some of these threats are capable of damaging or deleting critical system file/program file like Sftredirlh.sys, for situation like this, you must remove virus infection first otherwise the error will not be fixed completely which means the error may reappear shortly. If you had tried out the above solutions but the error is persist, and you also notice strange symptoms like:
- Massive ads pop-up from time to time
- System or program halts or crash frequently.
- You found strange toolbar, favorites is added to your browser without notice.
- The homepage of your browser is changed and pointed to strange website.
- You are directed to an unrelated website when you type in a specific web address into your browser.
- You constantly receive annoying pop-up ads while surfing on the internet.
- You found the computer is running slower than usual.
- You receive errors constantly telling you certain dll file is missing or program can not be open.
Well, that may indicates your computer has been infected by virus or there are malware installed inside your computer. You should quickly install a trusted security software which has the ability to detect and remove both virus and malware, and then quickly run a thorough scan over the system, remove anything detected.
How to prevent Sftredirlh.sys error and similar problem from happening
After you get the error fixed, you may need to learn how to prevent such problem from happening again, here are a couple of tips that you may want to bear in mind.
Setup a good firewall
You should know that threat infection is one of the main causes of problems like Sftredirlh.sys error, to prevent such error from cropping up again, you may need to do more than just install a security software, setting up a proper firewall is very essential to stop internet threats from invading your computer. Here is what you gonna do:For Windows 7 & Vista
- Go to Start > Control Panel > System and Security.
- Click Windows Firewall option.
- Check if the Firewall status is 'on', if not, click Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- Check the option of Turn on Windows Firewall in the Home or work(private) network location settings section.
- Click Start menu, open Control Panel.
- Click Security Center in the Control Panel window.
- In the "Manage Security Settings for." section, click Windows Firewall.
- Check on the firewall status in the General tab, make sure it is 'On', and "Don't allow exceptions" box is 'unchecked'.
- Click the Exception tab, check for the 'Programs and Services' list and make sure it is not blocking the wrong program or service.
Defrag hard drive
Disk fragment can be created through many kinds of computer operation which involves disk reading & writing, for instant, file copying, internet download, file or document deletion, etc, if a hard drive contains too much disk fragments, the file reading or writing may be interfered and become paralyzed, to avoid disk fragment, you should defrag the hard disk at lest once a month. Here is how:
- Click Start, go to All Program > Accessories > System tools > Disk defragment.
- Select the drive you want to defrag, click Analysis first to check on the fragment status.
- After the analysis finished, click defrag button.
- Wait patiently until the defragment finished. (please be informed that defragment process could be very time - consuming if you haven't defrag the drive for a very long time).
Clean up registry regularly
Registry - related issues like corruption, overmuch obsolete/useless entries can easily cause registry malfunction, since registry is the key component of Windows, without a proper functioning registry, there is no doubt your computer will suffer from many system and performance problems. The best way to keep your computer away from registry problem is applying a trusted registry cleaner tool, run a the registry scan & clean once a week to keep registry clean and compact.