BCMWL5.SYS File Information
Are you getting annoyed by the continuously pop-up BCMWL5.SYS error message? Do you want to completely get rid of the Blue Screen of Death problems coming with BCMWL5.SYS error quickly and safely? Encounter a missing BCMWL5.SYS message when trying to run certain software?
What is BCMWL5.SYS
BCMWL5.SYS is simply a process used by your PC to open and execute the files that are required to run software and applications. It is known to all that Windows includes a huge number of files and folders, which are the main programs that comprise Windows operating system. If you are trying to launch a program but it cannot response, that means the associated BCMWL5.SYS process are missing or corrupted from the Applications folder. Occasionally, Windows becomes unresponsive because more and more process like BCMWL5.SYS file are corrupt or are an incorrect version that is not supported by the program or feature trying to access it.
|Affected OS:||Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7|
|Recommended Action:||Scan BCMWL5.SYS related errors|
What is BCMWL5.SYS error
A BCMWL5.SYS file should only be located in the Windows\system32 folder of your pc as this is the default path where this file is designed to execute from. Unfortunately, some of the undetected spyware may be responsible for the BCMWL5.SYS errors occurring on your computer by placing a file with the similar name. Moreover, an uninstall of a program that has been performed incorrectly or incompletely may also lead to the BCMWL5.SYS errors.
Serious consequences when come across the error on computer:
- Computer system operates very slowly
- Some programs cannot be activated and used as normal
- Annoying error messages constantly pop up on the computer
- Blue Screen of Death happens occasionally
- System sometimes result in crash
- Windows settings have been changed in a wrong way
What are the main causes of the BCMWL5.SYS error?
The error can be caused by various reasons, generally, these situations below would easily make the computer result in the BCMWL5.SYS error:
- BCMWL5.SYS file has been corrupted or deleted on the computer mistakenly
- Related registry files has been damaged or corrupted
- Windows or drivers have been out of date
- Improper program installation or removal
- Malicious spyware or virus invasion
- "C:\Program Files\BCMWL5.SYS"
- "C:\Program Files\Common Files\BCMWL5.SYS"
- You found strange toolbar, favorites is added to your browser without notice.
- The homepage of your browser is changed and pointed to strange website.
- You are directed to an unrelated website when you type in a specific web address into your browser.
- You constantly receive annoying pop-up ads while surfing on the internet.
- You found the computer is running slower than usual.
- You receive errors constantly telling you certain dll file is missing or program can not be open.
- Click Start > Run > Type regedit in the Run box and click OK.
- Click the File menu, select export.
- Select a location to save the backup file.
- Rename the backup file.
- Click Save.
- Step one - click on "Start", and "Programs", "Control Panel", and then "Add/Remove programs"
- Step two - it will display a program list, find and locate the program you want to uninstall
- Step three - click on the uninstall button
- Step four - delete its install folder if it is still on your computer
- Step five - check and remove all of its associated registry entries on the Registry Editor
- Step six - reboot your computer system
- Start Registry Editor by clicking the Start button, typing regedit in the Search box, and pressing Enter.
- Open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder ==> "Software" folder ==> "Microsoft" folder==> "Windows" folder ==> "Currentversion" folder.
- Click on the Run folder ==> Click on the BCMWL5.SYS file.
- Delete the file by pressing Delete BCMWL5.SYS key
- Step1: Free Download BCMWL5.SYS Repair Tool.
- Step2: Follow the on-screen instructions to install the program with ease.
- Step3: Click Scan button to diagnose the error on your computer.
- Step4: Click Repair button to fix BCMWL5.SYS error and other detected errors in seconds.
- Step1: Free download and install BCMWL5.SYS detect software.
- Step2: Click Scan to perform a registry scan of your system with ease.
- Step3: Click Repair button to fix BCMWL5.SYS error and other detected errors that might result in BCMWL5.SYS errors in the future.
The security rating is dangerous if you found the file locates in a subfolder of:
If you found BCMWL5.SYS in the above location, it may indicate virus/spyware infection in your computer.
How to tell a virus infection?Symptom1: Computer running slow. A slow computer performance is the most obvious symptom you will see after the computer got infected by virus. Certain virus is able to replicate themselves and imitate system files, which will consume extra memory (RAM) than usual, this can cause server performance lose. There are other factors would also cause system slow down such as a hard drive lack of defragment, or too much junk files in the computer needs to be cleaned, you need to take these factors into consideration as well.
Symptom2: You receive strange error messages continually or programs start automatically. The programs in your computer can easily be damaged by virus, therefore you may receive various error messages when trying to open certain programs, or programs launch/shut down by itself automatically.
Symptom3: modem or hard disk works overtime. If you computer got infected by virus, you'll probably see that the activity light of your modem is continually lit as virus is capable of transmit wasted/dangerous data to the computer via internet connection for malicious purpose, or you may hear sounds from your computer hard disk as it is continually working.
All the above are some basic symptoms of virus infection your computer may experience, as there are so many types of virus and new viruses appear every day of our lives, so it is very important for you to install a trusted antivirus program in your computer and keep it up-to-date.
How to tell spyware infectionSpyware is a new type of computer threat, spyware can be installed in the computer in many ways, once it is installed, your personal information such as online account number, passwords, credit card numbers in the computer will be collected and send back to remote server for malicious purpose. Most of the spyware is capable of opening backdoor to ship in other threats such as Trojan, worms that makes the computer even more vulnerable. Spyware can also delete system file without user notice and bring you different kinds of system errors such as the BCMWL5.SYS error.
Spyware infection symptoms:
However, virus/spyware scan are not always working to deal with the BCMWL5.SYS problems because this error is often a result of the damage or corruption of Windows registry. If the BCMWL5.SYS errors continue occurs, attempt to find the solution with Windows registry.
What is registry
The registry is a database that contains configuration options and settings for Windows and your installed programs. BCMWL5.SYS registry entries in the local machine hive will start up for all users of the computer while launching the related program. As the number of invalid, corrupt, and obsolete entries increase in the registry, they give rise to BCMWL5.SYS errors.
Video Solution on How to Modify or Delete Windows System Registry
Note: Since Windows registry is such an important component for the whole system, you don't want to mess it up, if you delete a wrong registry key and by chance that key is responsible for certain system function, your computer may face server problems and even won't boot any more, In order to prevent such trouble things from happening, it is very important to backup the registry before you modify or delete the registry.
How to back up Windows registry
How to Fix BCMWL5.SYS error manually
Generally speaking, if you are not a computer professional who knows a lot about the computer system, manually fixing the error problem on your computer will be a long way to go, for that you should consider all of possible causes for this error problem and try all of the possible solutions one by one.
One - update your Windows system
Outdated Windows system is often the case to affect the effective performance of those applications and files, and make some functions and services cannot be used smoothly on the computer. So you should go to check whether there has been a newer update version of the Windows system available online, and install it on your computer if there is.
Two - Uninstall the newly installed program on your computer system
The BCMWL5.SYS error problem often occurs when you newly install a program on your computer, the common reason for your computer encountering this error issue after the installation is there are some component of the program are incompatible with the file on your computer system, so it may delete or modify the file with other features, when you try to activate the associated program, the computer system will not be able to detect and read the file successfully. To solve this problem, you should uninstall the program from your computer and reinstall the one which is more compatible with your computer system.
Guides to uninstall a program:
Three - Delete or reinstall the file on your computer
Delete the file on your computer system
If the file is not indispensable on for your computer, you can disable or delete the file on your computer.
Reinstall the file on your PC
If the file is very necessary on your computer system, you should replace the file with a new one on the original location, and please remember the new file should be compatible with your computer system and locate on the default location, otherwise the problem would not be fixed.
How to do if the error still persists
In a normal way, the Windows registry is a weak link in the operating system' s stability and robustness. It's extremely easy to damage, but very difficult to repair. And unless you are skillful and professional enough to make your own backup copy, and easily to replace it if it is damaged unexpectedly, it is not necessary to manually fix BCMWL5.SYS error on your own
To easily and safely fix BCMWL5.SYS errors, a good registry error cleaner such as MAX Optimizer will automatically fix the root cause this error.
How to prevent this error
Many BCMWL5.SYS errors can be avoided if you take some necessary steps to prevent the annoying BCMWL5.SYS error messages or serious computer problems on computer daily using. It saves time and it is easy to accomplish. To prevent BCMWL5.SYS problems, you'd better regularly perform a registry scan to identify ambiguous entries and repair them.
Moreover, it also generates a customized check to look only at BCMWL5.SYS-related errors and delete them. Whenever the error appears, keep the file or program that states the file is having issues up-to-date will take effective measures to minimize the damage of the problems.
Notice: Frequent BCMWL5.SYS errors take your PC toward lots of PC hassles. To stay away from these troublesome BCMWL5.SYS errors, you must be very careful while installing and uninstalling applications. If any leftovers and unnecessary entries are left behind and stop a program from running, you must first check if the BCMWL5.SYS file is being used by the wrong applications and directly delete it. Finally, use a reliable and professional registry optimizer to perform regular registry scans is the best way to remove any BCMWL5.SYS errors out of your computer.
To sum up, system error is a common problem for many computers, in order to maintain the good performance of computer system, developing a good habit of computer use and installing a registry error fix tool are both indispensable measures you should conduct, otherwise, you will occasionally be avoid by those errors as troublesome as BCMWL5.SYS error, the efficiency of using the computer for work, the stability of computer system performance, and computer security are all serious affected by these errors.